The Well will be holding a jazz night during its service on Sunday May 6th at 6:15 in Clark Hall at Hancock Church, 1912 Massachusetts Ave in Lexington.
Joining The Well’s house ensemble, The River Rock Band, will be jazz singer Patrice Williamson, jazz violinist Ben Powell, trumpeter Wayne Pearcy, and pianist Aaron Gratzmiller. Williamson has been compared to Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan by such publications as the L.A Times. Violinist Ben Powell has played major venues around the world including the Tanglewood Jazz Festival and Sculler’s here in Cambridge. Pearcy and Gratzmiller are both students at the Berklee College of Music.
The Well is an informal, intimate, and progressive worship service offered by Hancock Church. It is open to all. It is held in the candlelit Clark Hall, which can be reached via the parking lot in the rear of the church.
Fiddler Ivonne Hernandez Returns to The Well This Week!
Fresh off of months of touring, award winning fiddler Ivonne Hernandez returns to play with the River Rock Band this Sunday, April 1st. Expect a great evening of inspiring and intimate worship accompanied by great fiddle tunes and uplifting songs!
And join us next week, Easter Sunday, for Gospel night at The Well featuring pianist Malcolm Campbell and guest soloists!
PALM SUNDAY, April 1st
- 10:00 am The Hancock Choristers, our children’s choir, will sing for worship, along with the Chancel Choir
- 6:15 pm The River Rock Band will play special music for Palm Sunday @ the Well in Clark Hall
MAUNDY THURSDAY, April 5th
- 7:30 pm The Morning Glories bell choir will play for our Maundy Thursday service in Clark Hall
GOOD FRIDAY, April 6th
- 7:30 pm The River Rock Band and members of HYG will provide mu7sic for this candlelit service of tenebrae in the Sanctuary.
EASTER SUNDAY, April 8th
- 9:00 am and 11:00 am Services: The Chancel Choir, Hancock Carillon Bell Choir, along with brass and timpani will help us celebrate Easter with joyous music including Randall Thompson’s Alleluia, and Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus.
- 6:15 pm The River Rock Band will be joined by guest musicians, including our own Malcolm Campbell, for a joyous Easter celebration of Gospel Music.